Construction Trades Teacher
- Recomend a C or above in most recent required English and Math courses
- Students can't have a history of discipline
- Some students need an interview with the teacher before accepted into the program
About Construction Trades:
- Construction Trades I is a hands-on class that teaches students the beginning skills of the construction field.
- Learn to use hand tools, power tools,building projects with wood, and construction safety.
- Students interested in learning about the areas of carpentry, masonry, electrical wiring, or plumbing would benefit from this course.
- Students are given the opportunity to gain a national certification through the NCCER.
- Grades 9-12
- Construction II is a continuation of Construction I.
- Second year students learn more skills in the various areas of the construction field.
- Completiton of the second year of this course allows students to add to their NCCER national certification.
- Second year students become eligible for a full tuition scholarship if a B average is maintained in the course for a related construction trades program at MGCCC.
- Grades 9-12
- Students get to do individual projects and group projects such as building stools, birdhouses, and picnic tables for the school's courtyard.
- Most students take this class because they're interested in the construction field and would like some experience for future careers.
- Taking this class will be beneficial to students whether they go into this field or may need these skills in the future.
- Students really enjoy this class and have lots of fun, and it is a way for them to connect with each other through teamwork.
- Class Syllabus
Created by:Kylie Keels class of 2024