WORK BASED LEARNING
What is Work Based learning?
- Gives Mississippi high school students the opportunity to earn academic credit for their authentic work experiences.
- Gakes place with industry or community professionals in real workplace settings or simulated environments at an educational institution.
- Course credit is determined by work experience hours earned.
- During 11th or 12th grade year, students can substitute one WBL credit for the College and Career Readiness (CCR) credit required for graduation.
- Credit earned in this course satisfies the WBL requirement option for the Career and Technical Diploma endorsement.
- Students will complete an application, submit a CTE teacher recommendation, and possess the ability to provide transportation to an assigned site.
"I have gained valuable knowledge in the healthcare industry and this class has helped me narrow the field that I am going to major in. Everyday I am extremely excited to go to the clinic because it is always something new to see. I think every child that goes through high school should be able to get this experience."
- Elaina Rubenstein (Speech Pathologist - Health Science)
“It is very rewarding and very fun to work here”
-Connor McKee (Gulf Coast Research
Lab - Aquaculture)